Angela Funk has been working with families and their newborns, premature infants and multiples since 1996 as a professional nanny, postpartum doula, and baby planner. She has through the years consistently worked to help the parents of newborns succeed through education, service, support and a positive and open communicative relationship. What sets Angela apart from her peers in the industry is her many years of experience consistently working with families and newborns.
Angela has a passion for newborn care and supporting a family through pregnancy and the postpartum period. She is committed to professional integrity and continuing education in her field. She believes that all babies are unique and have different personalities, and that newborn care is a discovery process. Her hope is to give parents encouragement, promote bonding and to support each family in finding their particular parenting style and beliefs. She does so by providing evidence-based information on newborn care and baby gear, as well as current parenting trends. It is her goal to satisfy or surpass each family's expectations of outstanding, customized care.
Angela's experience with newborns ranges from feeding and reflux issues to administering medications; from working with apnea monitors to dealing with the issues that arise in premature infants or babies recently released from a Newborn Intensive Care Unit. Angela understands that specialized newborn care goes beyond the care of the newborn. The physical and emotional health and care of the mother is an integral part of her service, and she has worked with various health care workers, childbirth educators, massage therapists, acupuncturists, physical therapists and lactation consultants to provide valuable expertise and education on a variety of maternity and postpartum issues. They include but are not limited to providing information on childbirth options and making appropriate referrals, baby gear consulting, baby proofing your home, greening your home for baby, nursery design and setup, education on sleeping and feeding habits and schedules, as well as the developmental stages of a newborn. The combination of these experiences allows Angela to foster nurturing transitions for both mother and baby and to build confidence in the parents' own ability to care for their newborn.
Education and Qualifications
- Infant CPR and First Aid Certified
- Certified Happiest Baby On The Block Educator
- Postpartum Doula (D.O.N.A.)
- Breastfeeding Basics Course
- Apnea Monitor Trained
- Apprenticeship with an IBLCA Certified Lactation Consultant
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Member of the International Association for Child Safety
- Member of the International Nanny Association
- Premier Member Of The International Baby Planner Association
- Court Appointed Special Advocate for Foster Children
- Service Director of the Northshore Professional Nanny Alliance
- Volunteer Reader for the Read with Me Program - Next Door Foundation
- Milwaukee Balletomane (Milwaukee Ballet volunteer organization)